Friday, September 5, 2008

The First day of school.











Oh man Lindsay started kindergarten! She did so good. The first day she just went and met her teacher and did a "treasure hunt" to get familiar with her class. The second day was the big one! I took her and waited with her before school and we met another mom and daughter (named Charli) who was going to be in the same class and I tried to get them to talk so they could be friends but they were both shy and wouldn't even say hi! So we just waited for the teacher to ring the bell and when she did she told them to all line up and Lindsay didn't want to line up at first so she ended up at the back of the line with all the boys! Then Miss Cardon, her teacher, told them to wave bye and they walked in! That was it! It was good but so sad. I peaked through the window (yes as I fought back the tears) and made sure she found her desk ok and of course she did. After school when I picked her up she was so excited that she made 4 new friends. Her and Charli are now good friends! Maddi started the 5th grade! Her last year at the elementary school. Maddi is on the student council this year and I am sure she is going to do great!






1 comment:

Rey said...

It never gets easier watching them go either!
For me it's 1st grade that gets the tears going. I didn't think I'd cry when True went to first grade this year because I'd been there done that w/Sage, but I did!
Your kids are darling Mandy!